New internet station

Bring on your ideas about how to harness the power of the Internet.

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

infinity1

New internet station

Post by infinity1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to venture into internet streaming and I am totally lost! I have a background in radio,but it was strictly on the business(sales) side. Now I'm looking to get into the programming side with my brother who was a former jock.

The issue is there's so much out here and everybody says you need this and that. My goal is to create a mobile app station that can stream live or voicetrak shows. Also I would want to make sure that we can have at least 500-1000, people if not unlimited who can listen each day for a minimum of 1hour each. (sorry for the detail)

I've looked at radio.co, radio king, shoutcast and nothing makes sense. Can someone help. And please remember that this side of the business I know absolutely nothing about. Thank you!

jordan957

Re: New internet station

Post by jordan957 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:19 am

Hope you're not looking to make money, because that won't happen. You won't have enough listeners, and monetizing that audience is impossible anyhow -- given that it is small and scattered. You are aware you need to pay royalty fees, right? Those aren't cheap. Don't mean to sound negative, but the reality is that while it may be fun, it's not a cash cow.